PAKA BAKING MIX OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN BEYOND THE PURCHASE OF PAKA BAKING MIX(S). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The PAKA BAKING CONTEST (the “Contest”) starts at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 15, 2016 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on November 30, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”). Eastern Time shall control for all purposes of this Contest. The Contest is governed by these Official Rules, and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws, as well as applicable provincial or territorial laws, and is void wherever prohibited by law.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia, EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF ARIZONA, GUAM, PUERTO RICO, OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES, AND WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW, who are 18 years of age or older, or other applicable age of majority in the state, province, or territory of residence of the participant at the time of entry. Any individuals who have performed services for Sponsor, or its subsidiaries, affiliates and successor companies or any organizations responsible for fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest or supplying any prize, within one year prior to the start date of the Contest, and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter the Contest or win the prize. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Mechanically altered or reproduced Entries are not eligible. In order to enter the Contest or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules, and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects By submitting your entry, you certify that you are eligible to enter.
- HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the PAKA BAKING CONTEST by Silver Fern™ Brand by visiting https://www.silverfernbrand.com/pages/recipe-contest and completing the online entry form and submitting a Submission (as defined below). The submission requires your first and last name, complete home mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth (“Entry Information”), and must include the following recipe information: baking recipe title, complete list of ingredients utilizing one or more of our Paka baking mixes (defined below), complete instructions for cooking the recipe and one or more .jpg photo of the recipe entry after completion of the preparation process. The photo(s) should be a minimum of 1000 pixels on the shortest side, and no greater than in 6 MB in size. Recipe entries must include one (1) Paka baking mix product from Silver Fern™ Brand Paka baking mix options (https://www.silverfernbrand.com/collections/paka-baking-mixes/). All entries must be posted on applicant’s blog, Facebook page, Pinterest Page, Instagram account, or Twitter Account or all of the above then shared with Sponsor. Where applicable, the post should be shared with #PakaBakingContest. Your Entry Information and Entry Materials are collectively referred to as the “Entry” or “Entries.” ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM ET, November 30, 2016. Limit 1 entry per person. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries submitted to the Web Site will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All Entry Material/Entries you submit must be original to the entrant alone, not copied or plagiarized, and not created in collaboration with anyone, and cannot have been submitted to or published by any other publication. You must own all copyrights in the Entry Material/Entry, have full rights and authority to grant Silver Fern™ Brand the rights, title, interests and copyrights to use the Entry Material/Entry, as provided in the Official Rules, and have acquired any necessary releases with respect to the Entry Material/Entry. Furthermore, Entry Material/Entry may not contain the image or likeness of or reference in any identifiable way (for example, by first and last name, or by any part of a name that is identifiable) to any person other than the entrant, including, but not limited to, any depictions of celebrities, unless a signed release from such person(s) is submitted to Sponsor along with the Entry Material/Entry. Entry Material/Entry cannot describe, in any identifiable way, any copyrights, trademarks/tradenames, logos, or similar brand identifying marks, third party artistic works, or describe, depict or contain any illegal, dangerous or unsafe activity, or be otherwise obscene or inappropriate.
- JUDGING CRITERIA; WINNER SELECTION: First round of judging begins December 1, 2016 and ends December 15, 2016. Entries must contain one or more photos of the finished Entry, and must include the Paka Baking Mix used in the recipe in the background of the image. It must also include a separate photo of the gathered ingredients used in the finished product, the finished product recipe, and description of the finished product. The description should be a persuasive argument to the finished product’s taste and nutritional benefits The first round of judging criteria for valid entries will be based upon visual appeal, appetite appeal, creativity, overall perceived nutritional value, and supporting persuasive content. First round judging will result in 30 finalists selected by Silver Fern™ Brand judges. Second round social voting as outline below, will begin on December 16, 2016. Second round social voting will end January 1, 2017. Results will be determined by a total of all social votes from Facebook likes, Pinterest Pins, Instagram Likes, and Twitter Tweets. Each social vote is worth one vote regardless of the social platform. Winners will be posted on https://www.silverfernbrand.com/pages/recipe-contest-overall-winners on January 3, 2017.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: First round potential winner(s) will be notified by e-mail using the information provided as part of the entrants Entry Information, on or about December 15, 2016. Second round potential winner(s) will be notified by email using the information provided as part of the entrants Entry Information, on or about January 3, 2017. Sponsor will then send to potential winner(s) by e-mail, at the e-mail address contained in the entrant’s Entry Information, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that Sponsor requires (the “Affidavit”). In order to redeem the entrant’s prize, potential winner(s) shall sign, have notarized, and return to Sponsor the Affidavit within fourteen (14) days from the date Sponsor sent the Affidavit. In the event: (a) potential winner(s) cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the Entry, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Contest or receive the prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner’s prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable for whatever reason, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Contest and the next place winner will take their place, and the winner below that will then take the place of the other, and so on. A new 8thth place winner will then be selected based on the next most social votes and at Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the other remaining top 30 entries received. Winner selection is under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. If entrant’s e-mail address, telephone number, or home mailing address change after entering the Contest, it is the entrant’s sole responsibility to notify Sponsor by postal mailing notice to the address stated below to be received before the end of the Promotion Period.
- PRIZES: The 1st place prize is $5,000.00. The 2nd place prize is $2,500.00. The 3rd place prize is $1,000.00. The 4th place prize is $500. The 5th place prize is $400. The 6th place prize is $300. The 7th Place Prize is $200. The 8th Place Price is $100. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will be sent an IRS Federal 1099-MISC tax form for the retail value of any prize at or above $600. No transfer, refund, substitution, or replacement of prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). ARV of all prizes is in U.S. dollars. All prizes will be awarded within 2 months of receipt of the valid and executed winner’s affidavit or prize confirmation. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted.
- NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) Entries/Entry Materials that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) Entries/Entry Materials, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Contest or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellation, delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or with any Web sites promoting the Contest; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Contest multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Contest promotion, including the entire Contest promotion, and/or modify the Contest and/or select winner(s) to award the prize(s) using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated or modified due to technical difficulties or unforeseen events prior to the expiration date of the Promotion Period, notice will be posted on https://www.silverfernbrand.com/pages/recipe-contest.
Limited Liability: Sponsor, Silver Fern™ Brand LLC, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or other errors; and any entries that are late, lost incomplete, or misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible or postage due, or any combination thereof. Proof of online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering, you also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and promotion partners, and all their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors, and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or your receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Contest or due to any injuries, damages, or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in party, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest related activity or participation in this Contest.
Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Utah without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Utah, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Utah. In addition, any dispute relating to the Contest (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in Salt Lake County, Utah. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
- LIST OF WINNERS; FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES/CONTESTS: A winners’ list will be posted on https://www.silverfernbrand.com/pages/recipe-contest-overall-winners on or about January 3, 2017 or to receive a list of the winners after January 3, 2017 by mail send a self-addressed envelope, with applicable U.S. postage affixed (VT state residents only may omit return postage), to: Silver Fern™ Brand, LLC, 510 S 200 W Suite 200, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, Attn: Silver Fern™ Marketing Department, or if requested to be sent by e-mail send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the body of the e-mail type: Please e-mail me the winner’s list for the “Silver Fern™ Brand Paka Baking Contest.”
- SPONSOR: Silver Fern™ Brand, LLC located at 510 S 200 W Suite 200 Salt Lake City, Utah 84101