Copy of Getting Started Guide
Gut Health Protocols:
Getting Started Guide to Gut Health
If you have tried everything in the past for gut health and nothing has worked, you are not alone. Our hope with this guide is to give you the information you need in the clearest way possible. We have worked individually with thousands of customers and are excited to share this knowledge with you!
At Silver Fern™ Brand we start by addressing underlying fundamentals first. For you to be successful long-term with gut health you need to start with the foundation and work up. What determines if you are successful?
- Start in the right spot for your personal gut health situation. Probiotics and prebiotics may or may not be the place for you to start. Let’s see!
- Use the right products. Not all products are the same. In fact, most products that fall under the same category can be completely different.
- Use the correct dosage. While some gut issues can be addressed with standard maintenance dosing, others may require fundamental changes to result in long-term success. Aggressive upfront dosing may be necessary to help correct more serious issues.
- Be consistent! Halfway doing things only makes things take longer or may not work at all. Please commit and do it!
- It takes time to address gut issues. Gut problems can develop over a long period of time, which also means they probably can’t be resolved immediately. Once gut issues develop the body may take time to be “reprogrammed” and retrained.
Our Goal is to Get You Beyond Problems ASAP and then help you to maintain your health thereafter!
Silver Fern™ Brand is a Supplement Company Not a Medical Advisor
As a supplement company, Silver Fern™ Brand does not diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent diseases. Silver Fern™ Brand only provides dietary supplements that may support, promote, aid in, or help with issues or problems (not conditions). The purpose of this guide is to provide you with suggestions for where we have found our products to be most beneficial for our customers. The following guide does not constitute medical advice. We always recommend that you consult with a physician or competent medical professional before making any recommended lifestyle changes or in using any dietary supplements.
Here is our upfront disclaimer pertaining to this guide:
Choose a Category based on your Symptoms:
1. Serious Issue Protocols – Issues associated with SIBO, IBS, IBD, Autoimmune, Inflammatory, Leaky Gut, Dysbiosis etc.
You belong here if you experience:
- Frequent Moderate to severe bloating, stomach aches, or gas
- Constipation, diarrhea/loose stools, reflux and/or heartburn issues)
- You follow the FODMAP diet or must avoid a wide variety of foods because they cause moderate to severe stomach aches, pains, bloating, and gas.
- Flare ups happen regularly and they cause you immense discomfort and affect your life
Where to start when multiple symptoms exist:
- If you are using a laxative (senna, cascara, magnesium, coffee, MiraLAX, a high dose of Vitamin C, etc.) for bowel regularity please base your severity score upon as if you didn’t take the laxative daily. If you choose to stop taking your laxatives please slowly wean off them rather than abruptly stopping them.
- If you have both constipation and diarrhea/loose stools, please focus on the constipation issues first. For example, if you have mild/occasional constipation and moderate/frequent diarrhea, please start with the protocol for mild/occasional constipation first.
- If you have regular bowel movements without the need of any laxatives, but you have both severe reflux/heartburn issues and severe diarrhea issues please choose the severe diarrhea protocol first.
- If you have both constipation and reflux/heartburn issues of equal severity, start with the reflux/heartburn protocol, otherwise go with the more severe symptom first.
- Please do not wean off or stop any medications for mood or other issues while on these protocols without consulting your physician.
Note: For the first week of using any new product please take a half dose of the recommended dosing, please drink more water, and please be active (walk more). Real products do real things. We want to try to reduce any possible side effects.